Import Registration Certificate in Bangladesh is essential documents of Import Business. Now a day’s every country depends of other countries for essential commodities because of environment cannot support to produce all kinds of crops , so one country import essential goods from another country by importing materials and to supply in local market. Without import registration certificate (IRC) nobody can import goods from foreign country.
At present Bangladesh is one of the largest Garment’s exporting country into the world, however, most of raw materials, machinery and garments accessories importing form foreign markets; that’s why business man imports readymade garments materials’ from foreign market.
At present Govt. cordially encouraging to foreign and privet entrepreneurs to invest on Potential Business Sector in Bangladesh. Now Govt. establishes some export processing zone for increasing export volume of Bangladeshi products into the world. Enthusiastic entrepreneurs can start export oriented business in Bangladesh. There are requiring some documents such as at first Trade License, Business Association Membership and IRC (Import Registration Certificate) to be collected for opening international trade & commerce from Bangladesh to foreign countries. Basically, import business needs large amount of capital so many investor joining together to open a company business and Company Registration at RJSC (Office of the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms) in Bangladesh. Know more about RJSC Activities.
How to Collect Import Registration Certificate in Bangladesh:
Office of the Chief Controller of Imports & Exports is the sole authority of issuing Import Registration Certificate (IRC) and Export Registration Certificate (ERC) in Bangladesh. Few certificates are most essential for import goods from international market.
Following essential papers need to collect for Import Registration Certificate in Bangladesh:
- Trade License copy (Company, Partnership Firm and proprietorship Business).
- Passport size photograph 2 (two) copy of owner’s (Limited company needs managing director’s photograph and Partnership business needs Managing partner’s photograph).
- Respective membership certificate of a Business Association, as like BGMEA, Dhaka Chamber of Commerce, BANGLADESH POTATO EXPORTS ASSOCIATION, National Association of Small & Cottage Industries of Bangladesh ( NASCIB),FBCCI, etc.
- Main copy of Treasury Challan of IRC fees.
- Partnership agreement. ( if needed)
- Incorporation Certificate ( for limited company)
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association for limited company business.
- TIN Certificate (Taxpayer’s Identification Number).
- National ID card (Voter ID Card).
- Bank Solvency Certificate.
- VAT certificate (Value Added Tax) if needed.
- Company’s TIN certificate for Limited Company.
All documents photo copy must be attested before submit to Office of the Controller of Import & Export for receiving Import Registration Certificate of starting import business in Bangladesh.