Export Registration Certificate in Bangladesh is one of the most essential documents for starting international business. At present export business is the most profitable one of Bangladeshi business sector. Now Bangladesh is one of the leading ready made garments, frozen food and potato exporting country in world market and also staying leading possession of Vegetable goods, Handicrafts, Sea & frozen foods, Jute products, Shrimp & lobster, Agro-based products, Electric Cable, Melamine, Crab & Eel fish, Leather & fashion wear and so on. Without having export registration certificate (ERC) nobody can export Bangladeshi goods to foreign country.
Bangladesh Govt. cordially encourages to enthusiastic foreign and local entrepreneur who wants to set-up export oriented business to invest a lot of lucrative business sector into the country. Now Govt. develops some export processing zone for boosting export business of Bangladeshi goods into the globe. If someone wants to establish export oriented business in Bangladesh at first needs to collect trade license then needed to collect export registration certificate to commence export business otherwise not possible to do the job. Basically foreign investor starts their export business by forming a limited company at RJSC (Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms).
Documents needed to collect export registration certificate in Bangladesh as follows:
- Trade License (Proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Company)
- TIN (Taxpayers Identification Number)
- Managing partner’s photograph (For Partnership Firm).
- Bank solvency certificate of Company’s Account.
- Bank deposit of Treasury challan Original copy of ERC (Govt. fee)
- Proprietor’s photograph for proprietorship business
- Memorandum Association and Articles of Association of Limited company.
- Partnership agreement/deed of partnership business.
- Incorporation Certificate (Company Registration Certificate of RJSC in Bangladesh)
- Managing Director’s Photograph for Company business (LLC) Limited Liabilities Company.
- Respective membership certificate of a Business Association, as like BGMEA, Dhaka Chamber of Commerce, FBCCI, National Association of Small & Cottage Industries of Bangladesh (NASCIB), BANGLADESH POTATO EXPORTERS ASSOCIATION (BPEA) etc.
- To fill up all information of ERC Form.
The Office of the Chief Controller of Imports & Exports is the legal authority of issuing Export Registration Certificate in Bangladesh. This authority also issue IRC and Indenting Registration Certificate. After getting all documents (attested copy) CCI&E issues export registration certificate and later must be collected VAT certificate (Value Added Tax) to start export business to export goods from Bangladesh to overseas country. VAT certificate is another essential document of export business due to customs house/ port authority deducting VAT before exporting of the goods to foreign destination.